Dr. Morse is the founder of The Ruth Institute, an interfaith international coalition to defend the family and build a Civilization of Love.
Dr. Morse was a campaign spokeswoman for California’s winning Proposition 8 campaign, defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. She has authored or co-authored six books and spoken around the globe. Her work has been translated into Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Polish and Chuukese, the native language of the Micronesian Islands.
Her latest book is The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies are Destroying Lives and Why the Church was Right Along. (See below for a complete list of Dr. Morse’s books.)
She earned her Ph.D. at the University of Rochester and taught economics at Yale and George Mason Universities.
Dr. Morse was named one of the “Catholic Stars of 2013,” on a list that included Pope Francis and Pope Benedict XVI.
Dr. Morse and her husband are parents of an adopted child, a birth child, a goddaughter and were foster parents for San Diego County to eight foster children. In 2015, Dr. Morse and her husband relocated to
Lake Charles, Louisiana, where the work of the Ruth Institute continues.
Complete list of Dr. Morse’s books:
1. Love and Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village (2001)
2. Smart Sex: Finding Lifelong Love in a Hookup World (2005)
3. 101 Tips for a Happier Marriage (2013) coauthored with Betsy
4. The Sexual Revolution and Its Victims (2015)
5. 101 Tips for Marrying the Right Person (2016) coauthored with
6. The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies are Destroying Lives and
Why the Church was Right Along. (2018)